Monday, May 17, 2010





I spent some time on the lake today (and have the sunburn to prove it!). I took my kayak out to look for a couple of traps I couldn't find last fall (the ice got too thick and the snow buried everything). I found them but it took some diligent searching. One of the problems with trapping at this lake is that it has acres of floating mats of cattails. When the wind blows hard they shuffle themselves around and the shoreline takes on a whole new shape. Often small channels close up or large sections break loose and deposit themselves on a different shoreline. I saw turtles, ducks, red-wing blackbirds, beaver, muskrats and the unidentified long-legged bird in the picture.

My wife finished the short story she's been working on and planted more stuff in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment